is your medication commercially unavailable?
Medications may become unavailable for a variety of reasons. Some medications may be removed from the market due to safety and efficacy concerns of the Food and Drug Administration. Other medications are discontinued by the manufacturer, or backordered due to a manufacturing complication. In cases where medications are backordered, our Pharmacists at Olive Tree Compounding Pharmacy will be glad to obtain active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) to formulate your specific medication in your preferred dosage form to treat your medical condition and improve your quality of life.
For more information about medications that are commercially unavailable, please visit FDA Drug Shortages.
Oral and topical medications:
- Disopyramide Phosphate Capsules
- Liotrix (Thyrolar) Tablets
- Mupirocin Nasal Ointment
- Theophylline Extended Release Tablets and Capsules
- Achromycin ointment
- Azulfidine liquid
- Chlorpromazine oral solution and suppositories
- Chlortrimeton solution
- Cortef suspension
- Desonide otic
- Dilantin suspension
- Indomethacin suppositories
- Isoniazid liquid
- Minocycline suspension
- Nystatin suspension and vaginal tablets
- Thioridazine suspension
- Triamcinolone acetonide
- Trimethobenzamide suppositories
- Vancomycin liquid solution
- Whitfield's ointment